Hello Kitty Con is just around the corner & I cannot wait! As a lifelong fan of Sanrio, I have been buying Hello Kitty items for as long as I can remember. I find it fascinating that Hello Kitty merchandise is bought by people of all ages with varying cultural & economic backgrounds – from cute Hello Kitty plush for little kids to high-end Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags purchased by mothers. So what is it about Hello Kitty that enables her to have so much crossover appeal from various ages & cultures?
According to Sanrio, “By offering products and designs that appeal to different all age groups and personalities, staying on trend without succumbing to fads, partnering with leading brands, naturally infusing elements kawaii and surprise, paying attention to creative detail and quality, but most of all staying true to what makes Hello Kitty special and unique and being designed by people who love her.”
I know there is going to be a lot of exclusive Hello Kitty Con merchandise at the event, which I’m looking forward to seeing with my own eyes next week. However I wanted to find out from the Sanrio folks what the new Hello Kitty must-haves will be for Fall/Winter 2014. So what Hello Kitty co-branded merchandise can we expect at specialty stores? Here’s a quick rundown from the Sanrio team:
- Minnetonka: girls & women’s moccasins and boots
- Chan Luu: unique collection of handmade bracelets, cuffs & layering necklaces in Chan Luu’s trademark style
- Sephora: modern capsule collection of elevated beauty collectables to celebrate Hello Kitty’s 40 year legacy
- Dylan’s Candy Bar: limited edition offering of candy, cookies & lollipops and sweet lifestyle products, too
- Ju-Ju-Be: diaper bags, convertible bags & backpacks with Ju-Ju-Be’s unique functionality (I have one of these backpacks!)
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: Build-A-Bear Workshop originally introduced its Hello Kitty line in 2005. The 40th Anniversary Hello Kitty wears a signature party dress to celebrate the occasion, as well as a party-inspired rainbow confetti fur pattern.
My personal faves include these adorable Minnetonka moccasins.
Check out these boots by Minnetonka. Don’t you just love the fringe? The pink ones would look so cute on my daughter!
I adore these wrap bracelets by Chan Luu.
I know my daughter would be so happy to receive these treats for Halloween (or any other time of year) from Dylan’s Candy Bar!
I don’t know about you, but I see at least 2-3 items that can be added to my wish list. 😉
Tell me, what is your most prized Hello Kitty possession?
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. Thank you Sanrio for providing information that I could share with my fellow Hello Kitty fans! The images shown in this post are used with permission. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.