The following post contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Los Angeles folks love to joke about our four seasons in LA: Summer season (hello 100 degree temps in the Valley), Fire Season (those pesky Santa Ana winds), Fall Season & best of all for entertainment folks – Awards Season! The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards airs this Sunday & it got me thinking of all the movies I WANT to see but just haven’t had a chance to view yet.
You see, as a “mommy blogger” I have the opportunity to watch kid-friendly movies like The Lego Movie, Book of Life, etc. Often times I get to bring my child (and sometimes hubby) along to view it & for that I am eternally grateful! However there are a ton of movies that came out in the last two months that I would just LOVE to see.
Here, in no particular order, are the ones I have on my “bucket list” of films to watch this month:
1. Boyhood: This movie was filmed over a 12-year period. It also starts Ethan Hawke, who I have loved since I was in college & saw Reality Bites (killer soundtrack by the way). Interestingly enough, I saw him in the hotel lobby yesterday while covering an event for Surf and Sunshine. But I digress…
2. Whiplash: Starring J.K. Simmons who plays a jazz teacher at a prestigious music school. Now depending on your age, you may know J.K. from his Farmers Insurance TV ads (We are Farmers, bump dee bump bump…) or the dad in Juno. However, I remember him best as that doctor from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
3. Selma: It’s powerful movie. Check out my blogger buddy’s review of Selma over on That’s IT Mommy & see why it is so impactful.
4. American Sniper: Bradley Cooper…enough said.
5. Top Five: I’m a fan of Chris Rock. Sad to hear that he is getting divorced. It also makes me think of his older film, I Think I Love My Wife & I wonder if it’s a case of life imitating art.
There are SO many other movies that I’d love to watch but I have so little time to see it! I’d love to be able to see at least one of these movies on a date night with my hubby. That’s why I am so glad that there is a service that has a plethora of babysitters who are at the ready.
UrbanSitter is an online service & iPhone mobile app that allows parents to search for, book, pay, review & recommend babysitters AND nannies (both full & part-time). UrbanSitter allows parents to view babysitters hired & reviewed by their Facebook &/or LinkedIn friends, as well as parents from children’s schools, sports teams, mommy groups, parenting organizations, etc. The company’s online booking technology lets parents search for babysitters by specific date & time. Then at a few clicks of your mouse (or taps on your iPhone or iPad), your sitter is booked! Also parents can post a job to a virtual job board. Hiring a sitter for date night has never been so easy!
For those parents out there who are reading my blog, now that have an easy peasy way to hire a sitter, what is going to be the first movie you see on your next date night? Well to help make things easier, I’m going to share with you my friends & family code so that you can get a free month trial of the site. Just sign up at http://www.urbansitter.com/promo/redeem & then enter code: REFJM1.
So tell me, what movies are on your must-see list?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I am an UrbanSitter Parent Liaison for the LA area. All images are mine unless otherwise noted. I am an employee of UrbanSitter, but as always, my opinions are 100% my own.