Earlier this month I attended the Techlicious Lunch & Learn, an event co-hosted by MomsLA & sponsored by Consumer Technology Association (CTA). During this fun yet extremely informative meeting, we gathered together in downtown LA, where we noshed on delicious food provided by Redbird & met with reps from Techlicious & CTA.
Not only did I get to learn about tech products that will help me save time, get organized, plus run my household more efficiently, but I also enjoyed the opportunity to view the items up close & personal.
Here are some highlights from the event…
Tile Pro Series
How many times have you (or someone in your house) said, “Where are my keys?” If I had a dollar for every time I misplaced my keys, then I’d have a lot of extra pocket money to spend on my morning lattes! 😉
Tile Pro Series is a product line developed by Tile, an app/software company. The idea is that you attach this device to your key ring. The tracking beacon on the Tile product enables you to locate your missing keys by using the Tile app.
You can then “ring the device” by using the app, or use the Tile in reverse to find your phone – even if it’s on silent. It works not only with key rings, but cell phones, handbags & wallets. You can even use Google Home or Amazon Alexa to locate the Tiled item using basic voice commands. Genius!
Speaking of voice-activated assistants…
Google Home is a voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant. You can make hands-free phone calls, listen to music & even shop! Yes that’s right, your voice can activate Google Home & order products from Costco, Target, Petco, Walmart, as well as countless other retailers.
SYLVANIA Smart Lighting Products
We all know that good lighting can set the right tone for a room – I mean they don’t call it “mood lighting” for nothing!
SYLVANIA has smart lighting products that can be controlled via the SYLVANIA App, enabling you to turn light bulbs on & off from your smartphone. You can also dim the lights, adjust it from cool white to other varying degrees so that you can create a more relaxing environment.
These handbags rock! Not only do they look stylish but the manufacturer found a way to incorporate technology into the products so that they are functional as well.
- Knomo Elektronista Digital Clutch (as shown in black): This leather clutch has a 5000mAh battery to keep tech devices charged & ready to go! It’s roomy & has plenty of pockets & compartments so that you can fit your smartphone, tablet, charging cables, headphones – you name it!
- Knomo Audley Fold Down Briefcase (shown in red): Contains a pocket with RFID blocking so that you can protect your phone, credit cards & passport from identity theft, padded laptop section and a detachable strap so that you can transform the handbag into a cross-body bag.
- Knomo Berlin Backpack (shown in a black/navy blue pattern): Includes a padded laptop section, internal mesh pockets & splash-resistant material (ideal for times when you are juggling your green smoothie or that morning coffee),
LG Hom-Bot Turbo+ Robotic Vacuum
This is one of those time-savers that will help you live your best life! Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating just a tad, but this tech gadget will help you clean so efficiently that you can use it when you are away from the home.
It has two cameras to help “see” what to clean, plus it works as a video-cam so that you can “live stream” your cleaning when it vacuums while you are out of the house. Personally I’d use it to spy on my dog while it vacuums! Kidding… It also works on carpets when it’s in Smart Turbo mode.
Additional products that were highlighted:
- Kwikset Smart Locks: Use it in conjunction with your smart phone to control your deadbolt lock.
- Cozi Family Organizer: The ultimate electronic family planner which can be color-coded so that families can keep track of everyone’s schedule in one place. Use the app to get calendar reminders & weekly agendas.
- The Anova Precision Cooker: Cook your food (sous-vide style) with this device via Wi-Fi.
- HUAWEI Watch 2: It’s a smartphone & a smartwatch all in one!
- Honeywell Lyric C1 Wi-Fi Security Camera: Use the app to view what’s going on inside or outside your home.
- Epson Expression ET-2650 EcoTank printer: A wireless printer that offers cartridge-free printing.
I had a great time learning about these cool tech gadgets. Thanks Techlicious, Consumer Technology Association & MomsLA for hosting such a fun event!
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. I was invited to a media event which helped facilitate this review. All images are my own unless otherwise noted. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.