Running Universal has gone virtual! This fun Trolls event can be done anywhere in the United States, at any time. Fans of all ages can run, jog, walk, and even use a treadmill to participate. You can choose from a 5K, 10K, or 1K fun run!
Back in February, I was training for my first 5K in several years. It was going to take place at Universal Studios Hollywood. Since my daughter loved the DreamWorks Animation “Trolls” movie and she also happens to be a cross country runner, we decided to run the 5K together.
When Running Universal pivoted the in-person event to a virtual race, we decided that we would participate as a family. Now my daughter is the runner in the family, but since her dad and I are not as conditioned to running as she is, we decided to make it a jog/walk 5K.
What’s Included in the Trolls Virtual Race?
- Collectible Trolls 5K or 10K Finisher Medal or the 1K Finisher Medallion.
- Collectible Trolls Pin
- Trolls Drawstring Backpack
- Downloadable Trolls Running Bib
- Downloadable Trolls Digital Finisher Certificate
We mapped out the course in our neighborhood ahead of time using Google Maps. A 5K is approximately 3.1 miles.
We were going to print out the Downloadable Trolls Running Bib, but our printer was having issues. Look how cute it is though!
How to Participate in the Trolls Virtual 5K, 10K or 1K
- Sign up as a virtual runner on the Running Universal registration page.
- Tune in and listen to the Running Universal Spotify playlist as you train and complete your race.
- Show off your accomplishment by sharing photos on social media with the “@unistudios” handle and use the hashtag #RunningUniversal. You can also search “RunningUniversal” on GIPHY for some awesome Trolls Virtual Race stickers to use for an Instagram story. NOTE: This step is optional, but running a 5K or 10K is something to be proud of!
- This is not an officially timed race. Runners track their own times and completion is based on the honor system.
Since we are running this race in California, specifically in Los Angeles County, we are wearing our masks outdoors as we walk/jog.
We took water breaks and stopped for photos when no one was around. I had to commemorate the event with a pic for Instagram! 😉
After we completed our 3.1 miles, we got home, and my daughter proudly wore her Poppy 5K medal in our backyard!
Want to join in on the fun? Here’s the link to register for the Trolls Virtual Race: https://runninguniversal.com/hollywood. Use promo code “SFV5”, valid for $5 off any package, excluding the 1K.
So tell me, which Running Universal Trolls race event will you run, the 5K or the 10K?
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. I received a complimentary ticket which helped facilitate this review. Thanks to Universal Studios for providing a discount code. All images are my own unless otherwise noted. Images shown in this post are used with permission. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.