Soul is an entertaining and heartwarming story from Disney-Pixar. Filled with outstanding visuals and toe-tapping jazz music, it’s a movie that Disney fans will surely want to own!
Jamie Foxx leads an all-star cast in this hilarious, heart-filled adventure. Disney and Pixar’s Soul introduces Joe, who lands the gig of his life at the best jazz club in town. But one misstep lands Joe in a fantastical place: The Great Before. There, he teams up with soul 22 (Tina Fey), and together they find the answers to some of life’s biggest questions.
Directed by Academy Award® winner Pete Docter (“Inside Out,” “Up”), co-directed by Kemp Powers (“One Night in Miami”) and produced by Academy Award nominee Dana Murray, p.g.a. (Pixar short “Lou”).
Soul stars the voice talents of Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Phylicia Rashad, Ahmir Questlove Thompson, Angela Bassett and Daveed Diggs and features original jazz music by globally renowned musician Jon Batiste and a score composed by Oscar® winners Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (“The Social Network”).
The digital and physical releases of Soul will include exclusive, never-before-seen deleted scenes and audio commentary by Pete Docter, Kemp Powers and Dana Murray.
Disney and Pixar’s Soul Bonus Features*
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Writer Mike Jones and story supervisor Kristen Lester introduce the Soul deleted scenes.
- Mentor Orientation – Joe sneaks into the You Seminar Mentor Program orientation, trying to figure out how on earth he can get back to…Earth.
- Clubhouse Forgery – Joe follows 22 into her “secret lair” as she reluctantly agrees to help him find his way back to Earth.
- Home Lessons – Stuck inside Joe’s body, 22 clumsily attempts to help the downstairs neighbor.
- Living the Dream – Joe has a heart-to-heart with 22 about her fear of living on Earth, then tries to make his way back home via a dream portal.
- Press Shot – Joe, stuck in a cat’s body, and 22, stuck in Joe’s body, take the subway to the jazz club for a publicity photography session.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by director Pete Docter, co-director/writer Kemp Powers and producer Dana Murray.
- Not Your Average Joe – See the thought and care that went into crafting Joe and his story in Pixar’s first film to feature a Black leading character.
- Astral Taffy – Get an in-depth look at the artistry and technical innovation that went into creating the sets and characters of Soul‘s world.
- Pretty Deep for a Cartoon – The filmmakers tackle big questions, such as: Where does a newborn’s personality come from? What’s the meaning of life? And more!
- Into the Zone: The Music and Sound of Soul – Explore the movie’s different sonic worlds and discover how music drives and adds specificity to Joe’s journey.
- Soul, Improvised – See how the Pixar Systems team and Soul‘s crew managed to finish the film on schedule during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jazz Greats – Giants of the jazz world who consulted on Soul share their passion and hard-won wisdom about what music is and does for us all.
*bonus features may vary by retailer and product
To celebrate the release of Soul coming to DVD, I’ve partnered with Disney/Pixar on a fun giveaway!
How would you like to win a digital code to watch Soul in the comfort of your own home? Two (2) Real Mom of SFV readers will each win a digital code. Please enter below for a chance to win.
**Two (2) winners will be chosen on April 2nd, 2021.**
Rules: United States Residents ONLY. One prize per household. Two winners will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. Each winner must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize or a new winner will be chosen via RaffleCopter. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me an email to email@example.com.
So tell me, if you win this movie, who will you watch it with?
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. Images shown in this post are used with permission. Thanks to Disney/Pixar for partnering with Real Mom of SFV on this contest. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.