2019 is the “Year of the Pig” & Universal Studios Hollywood will be celebrating with fun-filled Lunar New Year festivities!
Starting Saturday, February 2nd through Sunday, February 17th, there will be a host of activities that includes:
- DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda Jade Palace Performance Stage & the exciting Dragon Warrior Training Show based on the beloved Kung Fu Panda franchise.
- Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop (back by popular demand) will serve Po’s Dumplings, Dragon Warrior Bao, Oogway Eggrolls & Secret Ingredient Stir Fry Noodles.
- Mr. Ping himself will be on hand to interact with guests and take memorable souvenir photos.
- The iconic and universal-ly loved Hello Kitty will step out in style, wearing her signature red bow & specially-designed Lunar New Year attire.
- Hello Kitty will be available to meet guests at the Hello Kitty Shop located within the new Animation Studio Store.
- A Mandarin-speaking Transformer’s MEGATRON will greet guests at the entry of the festivities, engaging guests in Mandarin & in real time conversation reflective of his persona.
- Illumination Entertainment’s Minions from the theme parks’ popular Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride will also join the festivities, stepping out in style & dressed up in brightly colored traditional Lunar New Year attire.
Lunar New Year take place within Universal Plaza & is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. Be sure to look for the customary red Chinese lanterns & plum blossom Wishing Trees that will decorate the theme park!
One thing to note for international fans, Universal Studios Hollywood will also have on-hand expertly-trained Mandarin-speaking tour guides to provide insight into the world of movie-making magic. There will be uniquely themed experiences offered in Mandarin such as the theme park’s signature Studio Tour & the exclusive VIP Experience!
As someone who is Asian, I’m thrilled that Universal Studios Hollywood will highlight this cultural holiday! Growing up in Southern California, I never got to experience at a theme park this type of inclusivity & celebration of diversity. I’m proud that this is something I can share with my daughter & our family!
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. This blog post is for informational purposes. The images shown in this post are used with permission. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.