“Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings” features the first Asian superhero (Simu Liu as Shang-Chi) in a Marvel Studios film, but that’s not why the movie is so good. With its action-packed martial arts fight scenes and cool special effects, the movie is quite a thrill!
Whether you’ve seen “Shang-Chi” in the theaters or it will be your first time watching, Marvel fans will be delighted to bring home the movie on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and/or DVD on November 30th. You’ll be able to enjoy never-before-seen bonus material including 11 deleted scenes and a gag reel.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, who must face the past he thought he left behind and confront his father, leader of the dangerous Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, and Florian Munteanu, with Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan and Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu.
Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to screen “Shang-Chi” and found it to be very entertaining. The action kept the movie flowing at a good pace. I also enjoyed the family dynamics between sister (Meng’er Zhang) and brother (Simu Liu), as well as the humor between Shang-Chi and Katy, played by Awkwafina.
Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings” Bonus Features*
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
To celebrate the release of “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings” on Blu-ray/DVD, I’ve partnered with Marvel Studios on a fun giveaway!
How would you like to win a digital code to watch “Shang-Chi” in the comfort of your own home? One Real Mom of SFV reader will win a digital code that can be redeemed at MoviesAnywhere.com or on the Movies Anywhere app. Please enter below for a chance to win.
**Winner will be chosen on December 9th, 2021.**
Rules: United States Residents ONLY. One prize per household. One winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize or a new winner will be chosen via RaffleCopter. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So tell me, why do you want to win this movie?
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. Images shown in this post are used with permission. Thanks to Marvel Studios for partnering with Real Mom of SFV on this contest. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.
Daniel Nguyen says
I don’t have Disney+ and haven’t seen Shang-Chi yet. Thank you for the chance to see this movie.
Alex Lee says
Really enjoyed this movie, thought Simu Liu did a great job.
Will G says
I would like to win because I love Marvel movies and haven’t seen it yet.
Jana Seitzer says
This movie is so good. Such a great origin story. I’d love to own a copy for my Marvel collection.
Dan Dykstra says
This looks like a good movie to watch with my son in law.
Janette Wright says
Been wanting to watch this movie with my boys. Thanks for the opportunity to win and watch the movie in the comfort of my home.
Nicole Martin says
I’d love to watch this with my son!
Bernie Wallace says
I want to win this for my family. We saw it together on vacation and really enjoyed it.
Because I really enjoyed this movie
Tin Lai Wong says
I love Marvel Movies and I have to my support to all the asian actors in this wonderful movie.
I have all Marvel slicks in my collection. I need this one, too