Editor’s Note: This review of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3″ was written during the 2023 WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. Real Mom of SFV would like to acknowledge that without the labor of the writers and actors who are currently on strike, films such as this would not be possible.
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” is a wild ride, full of action and heart, although bittersweet at times.
The band of misfits is back for one final adventure. It seems that there is one character who is not joining in willingly though. Care to guess?
So what’s this latest installment of GotG about? Check out the synopsis below…
In Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” our beloved band of misfits is looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), still reeling from a terrible loss, must rally his team and embark on a dicey, action-packed mission to defend the universe and protect Rocket. Meanwhile, a new, unpredictable force threatens to bring the Guardians down for good. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” is written and directed by James Gunn.
When I watched this movie with my family, I was not prepared for the emotion that the film would bring. As far as a conclusion to the “Guardians” movies, I think it was rather good. Sometimes when you see the final film in a trilogy it is not very satisfying, but I thought the conclusion wrapped things up nicely.
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” is available on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD formats.
Special features include:
- The Imperfect, Perfect Family: View the evolution of the Guardians through the cast and crew’s passion for each other and the entire franchise. Join this tight knit “found family” as they leave behind a legacy and recount their best memories wrapping up this epic trilogy’s final film.
- Creating Rocket Raccoon: Director James Gunn talks about bringing Rocket to life and how personal the character is to him. Uncover BTS footage, the research and development of the visual effects process, and the inspiration for Rocket through conversations with cast and crew.
- A Bit Much: Adam Warlock explains to Ayesha what he plans to do with the Guardians.
- A Lending Hand: Peter lends a hand to an injured humanimal on Counter-Earth and shows he means no harm.
- Drax’s Analogies and Metaphors: Drax gives Peter some interesting life analogies and metaphors.
- The Perfect Society: The High Evolutionary reveals his mission to perfect the universe.
- The Search for 89P13: Behemoth brings not-so-good news to The High Evolutionary.
- Annoyed Peter: Peter gets annoyed while altering the shield.
- A Burning Escape: Peter runs back to grab his music player before escaping a blazing inferno on the Arête.
- Knowhere After the Battle: The High Evolutionary is brought back to Knowhere and locked up while Kraglin recruits Adam Warlock.
- Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”
- Watch the film with audio commentary by director James Gunn.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3″ is rated PG-13.
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3″ has a run time of approximately 150 minutes.
Disclosure: No monetary compensation was received for this post. This blog post is for informational purposes. I received a complimentary copy of the movie which helped facilitate this write-up. Images shown in this post are used with permission. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.